FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 24th, 2018
Overland Park, KS - This morning, Yoder for Congress launched its latest television ad of the 2018 election cycle, titled "The Choice Is Yours."
Watch "The Choice Is Yours" here: https://youtu.be/5In9YK3ieNY
The ad lays out the clear choice before the voters in this election.
Life-long Kansan vs Out-of-state Liberal:
- Sharice Davids only recently moved back to Kansas for the sole purpose of running for Congress.
- She has no job, is not licensed to practice law in the State of Kansas and it is not even clear if she plans to take up permanent residency if she loses this election.
- Before moving back to Kansas, Davids only voted in 2 elections in this district since 2002 and never showed up to vote for a school bond election.
- Kevin Yoder has served this community in various capacities since 2002, and has voted in all 34 elections and every school bond election since then.
Bipartisan Leader vs Socialist:
- Sharice Davids supports policies far outside the mainstream, such as abolishing ICE and moving America to a single payer health care system that would kick 178 million Americans off their health insurance plans, force every American onto a government program that costs taxpayers $32 trillion, and end the Medicare guarantee for seniors.
- Davids' television ads, paid for by millions of dollars in out-of-state donations, claim that she supports bipartisan immigration reform, but Davids has not explained one Republican immigration policy that she would support at any point on the campaign trail.
- Kevin Yoder authored a bipartisan DHS Appropriations Bill that both secured $5 billion for border barriers, agents, and technology improvements, but also prohibited funding for deporting DACA recipients and stopped the practice of separating of families at the border.
- Yoder has also worked across the aisle on numerous other issues like funding for Head Start, NIH research, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) reauthorization, and more.
Keep America Safe and Economy Strong vs Bankrupt America:
- Sharice Davids left investors holding the bag for $20,000 after her South Dakota coffee business failed, and has yet to repay one penny on the defaulted loan.
- Her socialist policies, including the largest tax increase in modern American history, would destroy the economic successes sustained over the past two years.
- Kevin Yoder has supported policies that have led to the best economy in 50 years, the lowest overall unemployment rate since 1969 and the lowest ever for African and Latino Americans, the biggest manufacturing growth since 1995, and a more than 30% increase in 401k retirement savings.
Bottom line: Sharice Davids is a dangerous risk the voters of the Third District cannot afford to take.